Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weather

Well I went outside this morning and thought to myself, "man, this isn't that bad. It feels almost like Spring." All my excitement was quickly diminished as I got in my car and looked at the thermometer.......18. I think my body has become accustomed to the temperatures around here, which for the last 6 weeks have ranged from -15 (with -40 wind chill) to 30. We did get over freezing one day, which was pretty monumental. Even the locals up here have commented that this is one of the worst winters they've had in a while. I'm so lucky to be here to experience it with them.

Other big news: bought a new pair of tennis shoes last weekend - it was about time. I've been playing alot of raquetball with the guys in the class, and I was getting some pretty nice blisters from my old pair.

Can't wait to come home on the 20th and see some green grass and maybe even a leaf or two. Who knows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word on the street is that you're going to come back to VA as racquetball player of the year in the state of Wisconsin. Maybe we could have a rematch.

Unknown said...

Scott, you call it "school"...I say it's a boondoggle (and I should know, that's standard business here in the DC area (doh!). You're supposed to be in school when you're actually playing racquetball, driving on the Mississippi, mountain climbing, etc. Hmmmm...j/k

Glad you're having a great time. Photos look great! Looking forward to your return to VA in June. You'll be leaving Wisconsin just before black-fly season...ask some of the locals about that...flies as big as small birds! And they bite.

Gary